Hi everyone
As a fan of Stephen King’s work, it’s strange that this is only my second book by Dean Koontz. I have no idea why I haven’t read more of his works, but I think it’s time to rectify that.
I read this on my e-reader.
"Woody Bookman hasn’t spoken a word in his eleven years of life. Not when his father died in a freak accident. Not when his mother, Megan, tells him she loves him. For Megan, keeping her boy safe and happy is what matters. But Woody believes a monstrous evil was behind his father’s death and now threatens him and his mother. And he’s not alone in his thoughts. An ally unknown to him is listening.
A uniquely gifted dog with a heart as golden as his breed, Kipp is devoted beyond reason to people. When he hears the boy who communicates like he does, without speaking, Kipp knows he needs to find him before it’s too late.
Woody’s fearful suspicions are taking shape. A man driven by a malicious evil has set a depraved plan into motion. And he’s coming after Woody and his mother. The reasons are primal. His powers are growing. And he’s not alone. Only a force greater than evil can stop what’s coming next."
I enjoyed this so much! The story is very entertaining, gripping, and engaging. It’s fast-paced and thrilling, keeping me on the edge of my seat from start to finish.
The characters are a bit superficial and very clearly all good or all bad, but that’s expected from these kinds of novels, so I’m not complaining. Lee Shacket creeped me out and I was actually dreading reading from his POV because he was such a freaky, scary, disturbing, and unnerving creature.
The end is a bit too sweet, too neat, and perfect for my liking. While I appreciated the resolution, it lacked the complexity that might have made it feel more authentic or satisfying.
Despite the simplistic characters and too perfect ending, this book was a wild, enjoyable ride. It’s made me eager to explore more of Koontz’s work; maybe I’ve been missing out!
Have you read this book? I’d love to hear your thoughts! Is there another of Dean Koontz's books you would recommend?
Happy reading!
Helena
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten