zaterdag 25 juni 2016

Joe Abercrombie: Before They are Hanged

Hi

Before They are Hanged is the second book in The First Law by Joe Abercrombie.
I got my copy from Bol and it has 570 pages.
You can find all my Joe Abercrombie reviews here.

                                *  SPOILERS  *

I gushed about the great, twisted, unique characters in my review of the previous book and Abercrombie did even better in this book.
Ardee has even less importance here but Ferro gets more time. She’s still bent on revenge but there’s a bit more to her now. Not much, but I can understand her better so I don’t care as much as I used to.
The characters are three dimensional and wonderfully done. Most of them are pretty realistic and I love that.

The plot is better. I loved all the battles, the gore and the blood in the novel. There’s political intrigue, humour, lots of suspenseful and thrilling moments, plottwists, and many questions (some answered and some not), leading to a lot of suspicions.

And finally; the worldbuilding is better too. We see more of the land, we get more background and history.

I'll be reading the third book in the series very soon.

4 STARS

Happy reading!
Helena

Both will be finished tonight. ^^

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten