vrijdag 14 oktober 2016

Kameron Hurley: Rapture

Hi

Rapture is the third and last book in the Bel Dame Apocrypha by Kameron Hurley.
I got my copy from Bol and it has 468 pages.
You can find all my Kameron Hurley reviews here.

                                                *    SPOILERS    *

I enjoyed this book a lot.

Like I wrote in my previous reviews, I don’t care for any of the characters. They can survive anything so why would I? If there are no consequences, there’s no suspense. But then, when a character does die it’s very sudden and unexpected. Again without build-up or suspense to the actual death.
That doesn’t mean I don’t like them, because I do like the characters. It would have been so easy to get the old gang together again, but Hurley wrote about both new and older characters in this book and I liked that. The characters changed and evolved and some went on to do other things while others couldn’t leave that life behind.

The story is better too. It’s straightforward, there’s a lot happening, but it didn’t feel all over the place like the plot of the second book. It was so much more interesting an engrossing to read.

The book is very dark, brutal and bleak. The overall atmosphere is oppressive and there’s a sense of danger throughout.

It’s not perfect, but I enjoyed it a lot.

4 STARS

Happy reading!
Helena

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten