maandag 31 oktober 2016

Jim Butcher: White Night

Hi everyone

This is my review for White Night, the 9th book in The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher.
I got my copy from Bol and it has 416 pages.
You can find all my Dresden Files reviews here. 

                                                *    SPOILERS    *

Keeping up with the plot was (up till now) never a problem, but White Night is definitely more complicated plot-wise then the previous books. Old characters reappear and older plotlines play a part. Add to that a bigger cast of characters and a broader, richer world-building and you really have to try and keep up with what’s going on.
I love Mousse more each time and Elaine is pretty awesome. Dresden is Dresden, an incredibly heroic, chauvinistic, funny, smart, wiseass.

I like how we get to know the characters a bit more in every book. They all grow a lot in every book. We get to see Harry outside of his normal Chicago-home and it explains some of the changes we’ve noticed in him.

The book is filled to the brim with action with the occasional joke to let us take a breather.
And the ending is so great! Unexpected and funny.
I can’t wait to find out where this is going and what will happen next.

5 STARS

Happy reading!
Helena

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten