woensdag 18 februari 2015

Robert Louis Stevenson: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Hi

This review is about The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
The book contains another short novella: The Imp Bottle.
It has 111 pages and I got it at a Waterstones.

 “Published as a 'shilling shocker', Robert Louis Stevenson's dark psychological fantasy gave birth to the idea of the split personality. The story of respectable Dr Jekyll's strange association with 'damnable young man' Edward Hyde; the hunt through fog-bound London for a killer; and the final revelation of Hyde's true identity is a chilling exploration of humanity's basest capacity for evil.”

I wish I could have read this novel without knowing anything about it. But that’s impossible because everyone knows what it’s about. I think it would have been so much more shocking and exciting to read this without knowing the plot.

To me, the novel is about the duality of human nature, but I won’t bore you with more details.
The story is fascinating, haunting, shocking, very fast and so, so exciting.
It is well written, easy to read and descriptive with some beautiful prose.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself reading this.

Happy reading!
Helena

Wine and a book. My kind of evening.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten