I read a total of 20449 pages or 51 books in the last 7 months of 2014, not counting the ones I didn’t finish.
I’m very surprised. Seeing it like this for the first time is such a wonderful feeling. I feel like I accomplished something.
I guess I really love reading. :)
I ended the year with 4021 views on my blog and 86 likes on my Facebook page.
Here are all the books I read these last 7 months with a link to the review.
- Eduardo Mendoza: The City of Marvels
- Sándor Márai: The Rebels
- Oscar Wilde: The Picture of Dorian Gray
- Julian Barnes: Levels of Life
- Neil Gaiman: Neverwhere
- Terry Pratchett: The Truth
- Alan Bennett: The Uncommon Reader
- Sarah Waters: The Little Stranger
- Andrew Miller: Pure
- Patrick Rothfuss: The Name of The Wind
- Kazuo Ishiguro: When We Were Orphans
- Robin Hobb: Forest Mage
- Mitch Albom: The Time Keeper
- John Irving: Setting Free the Bears
- Erin Morgenstern: The Night Circus
- Hugh Howey: Wool
- Jeffrey Eugenides: The Marriage Plot
- Terry Pratchett: Thief of Time
- George R. R. Martin: A Game of Thrones
- Erika Mailman: The Witch’s Trinity
- H. G. Wells: The Island of Doctor Moreau
- Agatha Christie: Murder on the Orient Express
- Rachel Joyce: Perfect
- Paul Hoffman: The Left Hand of God
- Terry Pratchett: The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents
- Suzanne Collins: The Hunger Games
- Suzanne Collins: Catching Fire
- Suzanne Collins: Mockingjay
- Veronica Roth: Divergent
- Brandon Sanderson: The Final Empire
- Sue Townsend: The Woman Who Went to Bed for a Year
- Hugh Howey: Shift
- Paulo Coelho: Brida
- Gillian Flynn: Gone Girl
- Terry Pratchett: Night Watch
- F. Scott Fitzgerald: The Great Gatsby
- C. J. Sansom: Dark Fire
- Arnon Grunberg: Tirza
- Neil Gaiman: American Gods
- Yoko Ogawa: The Diving Pool
- Khaled Hosseini: And the Mountains Echoed
- Haruki Murakami: Kafka on the Shore
- Ray Bradbury: Fahrenheit 451
- Ernest Hemingway: The Old Man and the Sea
- Agathe Christie: The ABC Murders
- Patrick Rothfuss: The Wise Man’s Fear
- Terry Pratchett: Nanny Ogg’s Cookbook
- George Mastras: Fidali’s Way
- Charles Dickens: A Christmas Carol
- John Boyne: The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
- Kurt Vonnegut: Slaughterhouse Five
Starting this blog was a big yet great step.
I love writing these reviews. I love how books stay much more with me. I love seeing comments on Facebook about how others liked that novel. I love seeing the views going up. I love researching and reading about books. I love talking about my blog. I love recommending books to others. I love having my own space to talk about something I love. I love making this blog my own and doing it my way. I love being recommended books by others.
So much to love about Embracing My Books.
Thank you all for this.