vrijdag 4 maart 2016

J. K. Rowling: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Hi everyone

This is my review of the third Harry Potter book by J. K. Rowling.
My gorgeous edition has 462 pages.


                * SPOILERS *

I absolutely loved this book. It was such an intense read.
There were moments I could cry. But it also still makes me laugh out loud. It’s so funny, smart, witty and truly hilarious.
The book is full of surprises and twists and turns if you’re reading it for the first time. Even now, after reading it so many times I still think this is a very original story.
Ultimately, it is an amazing, heartwarming book.

This is where the series gets a bit darker and grows from children’s books to YA. Harry and his friends learn some cruel lessons about justice, revenge, letting go and true loss.
They grow up and get much more fully characterized. Every character is different from the others and they feel realistic.
I adore Remus Lupin and Rubeus Hagrid, I love Sirius Black and Minerva McGonagall, Sybill Trelawney and sir Cadogan are hilarious. Loving them makes me hate Snape even more. That man is bitter and he has serious issues with all the students and shouldn’t be allowed to teach them if he hates them so much.
Then again, this is a children's/YA book and those books need some kind of villain.

I did think some elements were a bit too convenient or not completely logical but it didn’t bother me all that much.

Honestly, I want to reread it now.

Happy reading!
Helena

Wonderful evening!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten