dinsdag 15 september 2015

Mitch Albom: The Five People You Meet in Heaven

Hi

The Five People You Meet in Heaven is my second novel by Albom.
This tiny gem has only 208 pages and I got it from The Book Depository.
You can find my other review on a Mitch Albom novel here.

“Eddie is a wounded war veteran, an old man who has lived, in his mind, an uninspired life. His job is fixing rides at a seaside amusement park. On his 83rd birthday, a tragic accident kills him as he tries to save a little girl from a falling cart. He awakes in the afterlife, where he learns that heaven is not a destination, but an answer. “

I loved it.

It made me reflect about my life, the people I will meet in ‘heaven’ (I’m an atheist) and what they will teach me.
It’s about appearances; how you can be sure about the way something happened and why but it’s only your point of view and everything means something else to every other person involved in even the smallest way.

A small gem that made me think about life, death and the purpose of it all.
It’s very accessible, easy to read and short.

Happy reading.
Helena

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten