dinsdag 25 augustus 2015

Stephen King: Full Dark, No Stars

Hi

Full Dark, No Stars is a collection of five novellas by Stephen King: 1922, Big Driver, Fair Extension, A Good Marriage and Under the Weather.
The book has a total of 453 pages and I got it at the Boekenfestijn.
You can find all my Stephen King reviews here.

I definitely need to get more Stephen King novels. And that’s why I ordered three more from Bol. I’m expecting them very soon.

This collection is mixed in terms of quality. I loved 1922, Big Driver and A Good Marriage. Those were definitely my favorite novels. They stayed with me the longest and those were the stories I kept thinking about at night. Those were the ones that lingered in my mind, just like Stephen King wants according to his afterword.
Fair Extension was a miss in my opinion.
Under the Weather was just too short, it ended too soon because I would have loved to find out what happened after the conclusion.

On the whole, this is a very enjoyable collection. Satisfying, thrilling, bleak, mesmerizing, disturbing, fascinating, nasty, powerful and depressing.

The stories that aren’t that good don’t matter because there is enough of King’s work to go around.

Happy reading!
Helena

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten