donderdag 19 juni 2014

Terry Pratchett: The Truth

Hi

I LOVE Terry Pratchett and his Discworld series, so for my second review I had to go with the next one in line. I've been reading a Discworld novel every other month for a few years now and when I finish the series, I'll start again. They're that good.

“There's been a murder. Allegedly. William de Worde is the Discworld's first investigative journalist. He didn't mean to be - it was just an accident. But, as William fills his pages with reports of local club meetings and pictures of humorously shaped vegetables, dark forces high up in Ankh-Morpork's society are plotting to overthrow the city's ruler, Lord Vetinari.”

The Truth is the 25th Discworld novel, but it’s one you can start with if you haven’t read the previous books. Some older characters make an appearance, but it’s mostly all new 'people'.

In The Truth, Pratchett mocks the media with so much humour I couldn’t help laughing out loud. The novel is brilliantly imaginative, funny, beautifully written, very entertaining, fast paced and it never bores.
It's a fantastic novel.

4.5 stars

Happy reading!
Helena

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten