woensdag 5 oktober 2016

DNF - David Gemmell: Bloodstone

Hi again

Bloodstone is the third and last book in the Jon Shannow series by David Gemmell.
As you know by now, I got the series as a gift from Brecht.
I did not finish the book; I only managed to read 76 pages of the 322 before I had to throw in the towel.
You can find all my David Gemmell reviews here.

                                                *    SPOILERS    *

I’m so done with the series.

There’s no character growth, no depth, the plot is all over the place and it’s just more of the same as the previous books. Shannow is ever the hero, survives anything and has a tender side he hides. Very cliché and a very predictable plot.

The world-building could be really interesting, especially with this Western feel but it didn’t capture my attention enough, we don’t get as much details as I would have liked and it’s not that interesting or engrossing to be honest.

My main problem though is how much I didn’t care for any of the characters. I wasn’t looking forward to reading the book and I honestly couldn’t care less for the characters or the plot.
I didn’t enjoy my time spent reading this and that’s the most important thing when reading any Fiction novel.

Did Not Finish

Happy reading!
Helena