donderdag 12 november 2015

How I classify my books

Hi

Here’s a quick post about classifying or organizing books.

A friend of mine organizes her books by color, my father has to spread them all over the house because he has way too many books and my brother organizes them according to his fancy or by height of the books.
I am fortunate enough to have enough space in my living room to put them all in one place. Except for non-fiction and children’s Literature; those are in the bureau.

Fiction is first separated by adult fiction and then children/young adult (those are going upstairs in the new house).
Next, I organize them alphabetically by author.
If I own multiple books by the same author; they are classified by publication year.
Series go together and are sorted by the publication year of the first novel in the series.

This may seem like a lot of work, but I find it very easy and accessible.
Finding a book in my library is child’s play. And seeing them perfectly organized like this relaxes me, it gives me a sense of pride and I love how calm it makes me feel.

I can’t wait to start organizing my books in our new house!

How do you organize your library?
Helena