I received some really wonderful gifts for Christmas and New Year’s.
Aside from the books, I got a few other things and money to buy more books.
Here are the books I got.
- Ernest Hemingway: For Whom the Bell Tolls
- Terry Brooks: First King of Shannara
- Jack Kerouac: Lonesome Traveler
- José Saramago: Blindness
- H. G. Wells: The Invisible Man
- Bram Stoker: Dracula
- Patrick Rothfuss: The Slow Regard of Silent Things
- Terry Pratchett: Mrs Bradshaw’s Handbook
I read the Shannara trilogy like 2 years ago and I totally forgot this prologue even existed.
My niece gave me Saramago as her Secret Santa gift but she didn’t know I bought it in Lisbon a few weeks before. And it is such a nice and thoughtful gift. It was the perfect gift for a booklover because it is a story that meant something to her. Thank you Anneke!
And thank you mom, dad, oma, opa, meter, husband, mother-in-law and father-in-law.